DIOCESAN PRINTING PRESS
Name: Dues Refugium Printing Press
Motto: Spreading His word on Prints
History: Dues Refugium Printing Press was founded in the year 2008 by the present Bishop of Nsukka Diocese at the very inception of his episcopacy over the Diocese. It began like a little seed from the Diocesan Central Office and has grown to the present state where it has acquired 2 offices at the Diocesan Women Ministry Building called the Bethany Plaza, Nsukka.
Location: The Press is presently located at Odenigbo Road, Nsukka adjacent to the St. Paul’s Cathedral Church Nsukka. It has a corporate office and a printing Press hall in RM B4, First Floor and Rm G Ground floor, Bethany Plaza, Odenigbo Road Nsukka.
Organigram: The Press is run by a board and a management team. The board is made up of 6 members including the Chairman, Secretary, Executive Director and other board members. The board members are:
- J. Uramah – Chairman
- G.I Ezeh – Secretary
- Mrs. S. Madueme – Member
- Evang. C. Ebizie – Member
- Lay Pastor C. Asogwa – Executive Director
The management comprises of the Director and two managers of operations and productions respectively
Staff Strength: The Press has in its employment present;
- The Administrator/Director
- The Manager, Operations
- The Manager, productions/Impression machine operator
- 2 designers (Graphics)
- A lithographer
- A word processor
- A cashier.
It has a total staff strength of 8
Equipment: There is a serious effort by the board and management of the press to bring the Press to a 21st Century standard. Press with State of the art digital and ICT compliant equipment. These will make for enhanced productively, speeds delivery gears towards building a unique brand and customer state satisfaction therefore we have acquired.
- Graphic design equipment.
We have a competent design section of computers, printing machines both colour and black & white printers to serve clients
- A Lithographic machine for plate making.
- A cutting machine for cutting of all papers of sizes and shapes with precision and accuracy.
- Impression machine for printing of paper works of all kinds.
These equipments are state of the art like “stated before and meet all your need for printing.
Milestones: We successfully handled the various publications over the years:
- The yearly synod Reports of Nsukka Diocese.
- The Synod Presidential addresses
- Ordination programmes
- Knighthood investiture programmes
- Annual women ministry programmes
- CFF, MU other Diocesan programmes
- Provincial Clergy Conference programes
- Bishop enthronement programme
- Archdeaconry and Parish Inauguration programmes
- Shalom academy Nsukka programme and various individuals & organizational works like bookwork, etc.
Vision: We want to build a no. 1 supermarket brand in the area of Pre-Press, Press & Post press activities and provide a turn key solution in these areas. These will be achieved as we procure more equipment and do all our jobs in house, they will make for a best production put, speedy delivery and more cost effectiveness (making the customer king).
Challenges: We want to spread our market outreach beyond the church which is our Primary area of catchment, so we can serve the society better and also enhance our profitability. We are pursuing this gratefully and we shall get there.
Our Contacts are: